In this online class, you’ll learn how to…
- Plan for a project
- Use templates to create projects in Project 2019
- Create, manage, schedule, and track tasks
- Create, manage, assign, and track resources
- Work with deadlines and constraints
- Troubleshoot problems, delays, and conflicts
- Use dependencies to help schedule tasks
- Work with lag time and lead time when dealing with tasks
- Create baselines and interim plans
- Run reports
- Print reports and project information
- And much more!
This course starts with the basics, showing you how to create a basic project setup. A new MS Project file starts as a template, and the project manager must then fill out worksheets to define resources and tasks. This course takes you step-by-step through each part of configuring a new task and creating resources to work on those tasks. We then show you how to assign each resource to a task to ensure that it gets completed.
After creating tasks and assigning resources, we move on to managing project timelines and tracking the progress of each task and the project as a whole. Delays happen either from unforeseen issues or when a resource is unavailable for a time. With Project 2019, you can “level” tasks and rearrange the timelines for tasks so that you can still meet the project deadline within a given budget.
Finally, creating and customizing reports is covered, along with printing projects to a physical or cloud printer. We also cover Project Pro features such as resource sharing and pooling. We also show you how to consolidate projects so that you can create subprojects within a main (larger) project. After you finish this course, you’ll be able to manage any project plan from one location in Project 2019.
- Describe what MS Project is and what its capabilities are.
- Demonstrate defining and creating projects.
- Demonstrate entering and scheduling tasks.
- Describe Project 2019 views.
- Describe the calendar and how to organize tasks.
- Demonstrate working with task duration, constraints, and deadlines.
- Define dependencies.
- Define resources and resource management.
- Describe tracking work in MS Project.
- Describe communication and progress updates.
- Describe using baselines.
- Demonstrate customizing and formatting your project.
- Demonstrate running reports.
- Demonstrate consolidating projects and resources.
- Demonstrate printing project information.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who are looking forward to excelling in project management jobs.
- People who are interested in learning about the Microsoft project.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- A good understanding of the English language, numeracy, and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate to take the course’s completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of €50 or in PDF format at the cost of €25.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hard copy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry-leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on the mobile, tablet, or desktop from anywhere, anytime;
- The benefit of career advancement opportunities;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Microsoft Project – Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced will be beneficial, especially to the following professionals:
- Project Director.
- Project Manager.
- Project Management Officer.
- Project Assistant.
- Project Support.